Q. Where is Sioux Falls?
Sioux Falls is in the very Southeastern corner of South Dakota - 4-hour drive from Minneapolis, 2 1/2 hour drive from Omaha,
3-hour drive from Fargo
Q. Where are the softball diamonds
located in Sioux Falls?
A. Harmodon Softball Complex
is located in east Sioux Falls with 41st Street bordering on the north, Highway 11 bordering on the east and 57th Street
bordering on the south.
Q. What hotel accommodations are there
in Sioux Falls?
A. The Spring Classic major hotel sponsor is Quality
Inn and Suites. (605) 336-1900
5410 N Granite Ln Sioux Falls, SD 57107
Q. How much does it cost at the gate for our fans to get into the tournament?
What does our team need to do to get into the tournament?
Your manager needs to fill out the online registration entry form (or register by mail) on this website and send
the appropriate entry fee to the Spring Classic Softball Tournament, 4405 S. Tribbey Trail, Sioux Falls, SD 57106. The
deadline for doing this is May 11, 2018. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!! You are not officially registered in the tournament
unless the registration form and fee ($250.00) are received by May 11, 2018.
Q. Do we need to register our team before the tournament begins?
A. Yes, you do need to register your team before you play your first game. You can either
register Friday night May 18, 2018 at tournament headquarters at The Attic between 6:00 PM and 9:30 PM or you can register
Saturday morning, May 19, 2018 at the headquarters at Harmodon Softball Complex. Tournament headquarters
will be at the brick building between the two softball complexes. You will receive a briefcase bag containing tournament
information when you register.
1. All batters
start with a 1-1 count;
2. Home Run
Rule: Men's B/C Division - 6; Men's D Division - 3; Men's E Division - 2; Women's Open -
Unlimited; excess home runs will result in outs;
3. No-Trot Rule will be in effect for all divisions;
4. No Arguing of Balls and Strikes Rule will be in effect;
5. 20-Run Rule after 3 innings, 15-Run Rule after
4 innings, 10-Run Rule after 5 innings in the B/C Division;
6. 15-Run Rule after 3 innings, 10-Run Rule after 5
innings in all other games;
7. South Dakota Profanity Rule is in effect;
8. Home team is the official book;
9. No steel spikes are allowed;
10. Teams MUST be ready to play 30 minutes before scheduled game time (game time is forfeit time);
11. Tournament officials have the right to classify teams and all tournament
officials' decisions are final;
Tournament officials and sponsors are NOT responsible for any injuries occurring in anyway as a result of this tournament;
13. In case of inclement weather, team managers MUST keep in contact via
our website at www.springclassictourney.com or through our Facebook page. It is impossible for the tournament directors
to field telephone calls from 60+ teams. We will update our website with new game times in case of inclement weather.
Please be patient as this all takes time and refiguring brackets is a slow process.
14. Only USA Softball Sanctioned bats will be allowed; All bats must be checked
at tournament headquarters before your first game and must have a 2018 Sioux Falls Men's Slowpitch sticker on it.
15. USA Softball Stealing Rule will be in effect for all divisions - men's
16. All games (men's and women's) will
be played with 70' bases.
17. Each team can use one courtesy runner one time each inning.