Q. Where is Sioux Falls?
A. Sioux Falls is in the very Southeastern corner of South Dakota - 4-hour drive from Minneapolis,
2 1/2 hour drive from Omaha, 3-hour drive from Fargo
Where are the softball diamonds located in Sioux Falls?
Harmodon Softball Complex is located in east Sioux Falls with 41st Street bordering on the north, Highway 11 bordering
on the east and 57th Street bordering on the south.
hotel accommodations are there in Sioux Falls?
A. The Spring Classic
major hotel sponsor is Best Western Glo Hotel. 1211 S. Darryl Pl. Sioux Falls, SD 57110
Q. How much does it cost at the gate for our fans to get into the tournament?
Q. What does our team need to do
to get into the tournament?
Your manager needs to fill out the online registration entry form (or register by mail) on this website and send
the appropriate entry fee to the Spring Classic Softball Tournament, 800 S. Tayberry Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106. The deadline for doing this is May
28th. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!! You are not officially registered in the tournament unless the registration
form and fee ($250.00) are received by the dates listed above.
Q. Do we need to register our team
before the tournament begins?
Yes, you do need to register your team before you play your first game. You can either register Friday night June 4,
2021 at tournament headquarters at Buffalo Wild Wings (Time TBD) or you can register Saturday morning, June 5, 2021 at the
headquarters at Harmodon Softball Complex. Tournament headquarters will be at the brick building between
the two softball complexes. You will receive a drawstring bag containing tournament information when you register.
Spring Classic Tournament
All batters start with a 1-1 count;
2. Home Run Rule: Men's A/B & C Division - 6; Men's D Division - 4; Men's E Division -
2; Women's Open - Unlimited; excess home runs will
result in outs;
No-Trot Rule will be in effect for all divisions;
4. No Arguing of Balls and Strikes Rule will be in effect;
5. 20-Run Rule after 3 innings, 15-Run Rule after 4 innings, 10-Run
Rule after 5 innings in the A/B & C Division;
6. 15-Run Rule after 3
innings, 10-Run Rule after 5 innings in all other games;
South Dakota Profanity Rule is in effect;
8. Home team is the official book;
9. No steel spikes are allowed;
10. Teams MUST be ready to play 30 minutes before scheduled game time
(game time is forfeit time);
11. Tournament officials have the right to classify teams and all tournament officials' decisions are final;
12. Tournament officials and sponsors are
NOT responsible for any injuries occurring in anyway as a result of this tournament;
13. In case of inclement weather, team managers MUST keep
in contact via our website at www.springclassictourney.com or through our Facebook page. It is impossible for the tournament
directors to field telephone calls from 60+ teams. We will update our website with new game times in case of inclement
weather. Please be patient as this all takes time and refiguring brackets is a slow process.
14. Only USA Softball Sanctioned bats will
be allowed; Random bat checks may take place during the tournament.
15. USA Softball Stealing Rule will be in effect for all divisions except Women's Lower and Coed.
16. All games (men's and women's) will be played with 70' bases.
17. Each team can use one courtesy runner one time each inning.