Q. Where is Sioux Falls?
A. Sioux Falls is in the very Southeastern corner of South Dakota - 4-hour drive
from Minneapolis, 2 1/2 hour drive from Omaha, 3-hour drive from Fargo
Where are the softball diamonds located in Sioux Falls?
Harmodon Softball Complex is located in east Sioux Falls with 41st Street bordering on the north, Highway 11 bordering
on the east and 57th Street bordering on the south.
hotel accommodations are there in Sioux Falls?
A. The Spring Classic
major hotel sponsor is Best Western Plus Ramkota. (605) 336-0650
3200 W. Maple St. Sioux Falls, SD 57107
Q. How much does it cost at the gate for our fans
to get into the tournament?
Q. What does our
team need to do to get into the tournament?
Your manager needs to fill out the online registration entry form (or register by mail) on this website and send
the appropriate entry fee to the Spring Classic Softball Tournament, 800 S. Tayberry Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106. The deadline for doing this is June 1, 2019. THERE
ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!! You are not officially registered in the tournament unless the registration form and fee ($250.00)
are received by June 1, 2019.
Do we need to register our team before the tournament begins?
Yes, you do need to register your team before you play your first game. You can either register Friday night June 7,
2019 at tournament headquarters at The Attic between 6:00 PM and 9:30 PM or you can register Saturday morning, June 8,
2019 at the headquarters at Harmodon Softball Complex. Tournament headquarters will be at the brick
building between the two softball complexes. You will receive a briefcase bag containing tournament information when
Classic Tournament Rules:
1. All batters start with a 1-1 count;
2. Home Run Rule: Men's B/C Division - 6; Men's D Division
- 3; Men's E Division - 2; Women's Open - Unlimited; excess home runs will result in outs;
3. No-Trot Rule will be in effect for all divisions;
4. No Arguing of Balls and Strikes Rule will be in
20-Run Rule after 3 innings, 15-Run Rule after 4 innings, 10-Run Rule after 5 innings in
the B/C Division;
Rule after 3 innings, 10-Run Rule after 5 innings in all
7. South Dakota Profanity Rule is in effect;
8. Home team is the official book;
9. No steel spikes are allowed;
10. Teams MUST be ready to play 30 minutes before scheduled game time
(game time is forfeit time);
officials have the right to classify teams and all tournament officials' decisions are final;
12. Tournament officials and sponsors are NOT responsible for any injuries
occurring in anyway as a result of this tournament;
13. In case of inclement weather, team managers MUST keep in contact via our website at www.springclassictourney.com
or through our Facebook page. It is impossible for the tournament directors to field telephone calls from 60+ teams.
We will update our website with new game times in case of inclement weather. Please be patient as this all takes time
and refiguring brackets is a slow process.
Only USA Softball Sanctioned bats will be allowed; All bats must be checked at tournament headquarters before your first
game and must have a 2019 USA Softball sticker on it.
15. USA Softball Stealing Rule will be in effect for all divisions - men's and women's.
16. All games (men's and women's) will be played with 70' bases.
Each team can use one courtesy runner one time each inning.